Monday, June 1, 2009

NEIL TURBIN - "I Am Linked To The Name ANTHRAX, Whether I Like It Or Not"

Former ANTHRAX singer NEIL TURBIN, talked exclusively to Greece's Rockpages.gr about his new band DEATHRIDERS and of course…Anthrax. The following is an excerpt:



Q: The name of the band is an obvious reference to your past and the album that you recorded with Anthrax (Fistful Of Metal). Is it really a blessing or a curse to have your name linked with such an established act?

A: "The fact of the matter is that I’m linked with the fucking name whether I like it or not. I have every right to use the name... after all, I wrote the song. You know, once you get involved in something successful, then people automatically link you to that period of your life... it’s like the case of an actor who finds himself tied up in a role and people almost refuse to see him playing any other role... they put you in a category! Deathriders is an original metal band and if people or even Anthrax don’t like the name or the attitude of the group... well, fuck ’em!"

Read the full interview at Rockpages.gr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...